Thursday 10 September 2015

Photos through time

Photos Through Time

 
This week we have been comparing images over time.  We began the lesson by guessing which of the images was the most recent and the oldest.  The next step was to order the ten images in chronological order.
 
Ordering our images
Studying images
 
 
Some of us found it funny looking at the changing hairstyles, especially the perms of the 1980s!
 
 
 
 
 
Comparing with the timeline
 
 
Mrs Warland took us to our history mural and placed the images on the timeline.  It was interesting to see how they spaced out.
 




Back in class we created our own timelines and compared the different time periods.

3 comments:

  1. I had one of those "funny" perms. Oh the hours I spent with my head upside down, blasting my hair with a diffuser and causing huge holes in the ozone layer with my hairspray.......those were the days! Mrs Spurr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perms, bell-bottoms, winkle-pickers... I wonder what else you will find out about the past? I wonder what people looking back on 2015 will think of us? Interesting stuff, Year 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved looking at the timeline and then making our own. It was so fun.
    Isobel

    ReplyDelete

To help ensure anonymity for all our children please don't use surnames when posting comments. Use first names or names such as 'Susie's mum' when commenting. Please make sure all comments are polite and kind.